Following our previous announcement, we’re super happy to announce that the upcoming Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3 tournament in London has been confirmed for April 19, 2014. Save the date and be prepared to fight on the Wangan Superspeedway!
We’ve spoken today with Las Vegas Arcade Soho‘s management, and we can confirm that the tournament will take place at the Central London’s arcade on Saturday April 19, 2014 at 3pm.
Here’s the provisional rules for the event:
TOURNAMENT FORMAT AND GENERAL RULES
- Free entry tournament. All the machines will be set in free-play mode during the competition. Only the participants will be allowed to use the cabinets during the event.
- There will be prized for the top players. They’re gonna be announced by the organizer that day of the event, based on the number of player participating. Prized will most likely consist in play credits on a machine of your choice, but this may vary.
- The tournament format will be a 4v4 (4 players, everyone against each other).
- All the participants will be randomly divided in groups of 4 players.
- It’ll be a knockout tournament, so every group of 4 players will run 1 race and at the end of the race, players who arrived 1st and 2nd will pass to the next round (and will be mixed with players from other groups in order to avoid them racing with the same opponent twice in a row, if possible). Players who arrived 3rd and 4th will be out of the competition.
- In the case of a very low number of participants, the organizer can decide, before the beginning of the tournament, to switch from 1 to 2 races for every round. It’d be the same format with the same rules. The only difference would be the use of a point system to declare who are the 1st and 2nd players to proceed to the next round after the 2 races (1st – 4 points, 2nd – 3 points, 3rd – 2 points, 4th – 1 point). If the the organizer goes for this “2 races format”, it will be used until the end of the tournament.
- In case of a odd amount of players (or odd amount of 4-player groups, for example 12 players divided in 3 four-player group), the organizer could decide to set a race (or more races) with only 3 players. This would not change the knockout rule, and the 1st and the 2nd will still proceed to the next round.
- Other variation could be decided by the organized the day of the tournament, before the beginning of the tournament.
- Owning a tuning card is not mandatory to partecipate, but strongly recommended.
- Every player must use the same tuning card throughout the whole tournament.
- The same tuning card cannot be shared by two or more participants.
- Cloned tuning cards will not be allowed to use during the tournament. For example 2 player cannot use 2 different (but identical) cards, cloned from the same card. Also, any cloning procedure will not be tolerate during the tournament.
- Both AT and MT are allowed during the tournament.
- Boost will be ON throughout the whole tournament (it’s ON by default, so don’t worry about it).
- Courses will be randomly selected through a dice roll each turn (6 available courses and a six-face dice) by the organizer.
- Starting ramps, inbound/outbound and other in-course settings will be selected by the players each turn by using the majority vote system of the machine.
- Since the tournament format is 4v4 (4 players, everyone against each other), teaming-ups or coalitions leading to unsporting behaviors during the races will not be tolerate. Same thing for excessive and/or unnecessary bumping or pushing other players on purpose. Still, this is a racing game, so please mind that a bit of bumping could always happen (especially on corners, as not all the players are on the same skill-level). Just keep it friendly and be a good sport. We’re here to have fun, so no hard feelings.
Please, note that those are provisional rules. We’re still open to improvements and feedback from you!
Here’s the official Facebook event for the tournament, please confirm your RSVP there, so the organized can have a rough idea on the number of participants.
- Las Vegas Arcade Soho
- Address: 89-91 Wardour Street, W1F 0UB, London, UK
- Nearest tube: Piccadilly Circus or Leicester Square
- Tel: 020 7439 0658
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: flamusements.co.uk
- Facebook: LasVegasArcadeSoho
- Twitter: @LasVegasArcade
- Foursquare venue